Useful Madden NFL 18 Defense Tips Will Give You The Edge
Do you know any useful defense tips in Madden 18? The following basic Madden 18 defense tips will help you improve your game. For more Madden 18 defense tips, you can browse the video below. For more Mut 18 coins, you can visit our website.
On the defensive side of the ball in Madden 18, it's all about reacting to your opponent's moves. You can call the best play possible, but it won't mean anything if you don't adjust according to your opponent.
1. Look at how the offense lines up in relation to your defense. Do you have enough players in coverage to match up to every receiver and tight end?
2. If not, or if you need to modify anything, press Y/Triangle, and then the corresponding button over the head of a defender to change their assignment.
3. Alternatively, you can switch plays just like on the offense, using the X/Square button to bring up a list of plays you can change to.
4. You can choose one player to take control of while playing defense, and you'll be able to move around freely while doing this. Stick to your assignment though, or the entire play could end in disaster if a receiver goes completely uncovered.
5. You can change the type of pass rush you want, for example you can opt for an 'aggressive pass rush' before the snap, and all blitzing personnel will gain increased stats relating to pass rush.
6. Once the ball is throw to a receiver, press B/O to switch to the defender nearest to them. If you plan on intercepting the ball, hold Y/Triangle before a catch is made, but if you need to tackle the player with the ball instead, then press X/Square.
7. If your defender gets blocked by an opponent, and the player with the ball is running nearby to you, you can extend an arm and attempt to grab them as they pass. Press the left shoulder button if the ball carrier is running to the right, and vice versa for the left side, to grab the ball carrier.